Currently we work on the following subjects:
- Development of the model system ICON-ART
- Parameterization of the optical properties of aerosols in ICON-ART
- Scale dependencies of aerosol-cloud interactions in ICON-ART
- Dispersion of volcanic ash in ICON-ART
- Influence of contrails on radiation and arctic cirrus at the regional scale
- Influence of mineral dust on solar photovoltaic performance
- Implementation of an extended photolyse scheme in COSMO-ART/ICON-ART (IMK-ASF)
- Quantification of the aerosol effect on cloud systems during the West African monsoon
- Relevance of Sahara dust outbreaks for the weather pattern in Europe
The COSMO-ART Training Course took place from 3 April to 4 April 2017. A wrap-up you can find here.
The ICON/ART Training Course took place from 28 February to 3 March 2017.