Currently we work on the following subjects:
- Development of the model system ICON-ART
- Parameterization of the optical properties of aerosols in ICON-ART
- Scale dependencies of aerosol-cloud interactions in ICON-ART
- Dispersion of volcanic ash in ICON-ART
- Influence of contrails on radiation and arctic cirrus at the regional scale
- Influence of mineral dust on solar photovoltaic performance
- Implementation of an extended photolyse scheme in COSMO-ART/ICON-ART (IMK-ASF)
- Quantification of the aerosol effect on cloud systems during the West African monsoon
- Relevance of Sahara dust outbreaks for the weather pattern in Europe
The next COSMO/CLM/ART Training Course takes place from 12 March to 16 March 2018. Further information and the registration form you can find here. A special training for COSMO-ART will not take place. Please refer to the ICON Training in this regard. A wrap-up of last year's COSMO-ART Training you can find here.
The next ICON/ART Training Course takes place from 16 April to 19 April 2018. Further information you can find here. The registration deadline is 31 January 2018.