- Atmospheric life cycle of natural aerosols (aeolian and volcanic dust)
- Aerosol-radiation-cloud interaction modeling
- Chemical transport modeling
- Chemical weather forecasting
- Impacts of volcanism on Earth System
Dr. Gholamali Hoshyaripour
Phone: +49 721 608-22183
ali hoshyaripour∂kit edu
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 2009-2013 Earth System Sciences, Institute of Geophysics/School of Integrated Climate System Sciences (SICSS), University Hamburg, Germany; Dissertation: Modulation of ash iron solubility in volcanic eruption plumes
- 2006-2009 MSc - Environmental Engineering, University of Teheran, Iran
- 2000-2005 BSc - Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Najafabad, Iran
- since 04/2017 Research associate at the Institute of Meteorology and Climate Resarch (Department Troposphere Research) of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in the Framework of the Project PerduS
- 2015-today Visiting Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
- 2015-2017 Research associate, Institute of Geophysics/CEN, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2014-2015 Research associate, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
- 2013-2014 Research associate, Institute of Geophysics, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2009-2013 Ph.D. student, Institute of Geophysics/SICSS, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2007-2009 Research assistant, Graduate Faculty of Environment, University of Teheran, Iran
Full CV (to download)
Hoshyaripour, G. A. (2017) Volcanic ash particles hold clues to their history and effects, Eos, 98
Hoshyaripour, G., Brasseur, G., Andrade, F., Buarar, I. (2016) Predicting the ground-level ozone concentration in Sao-Paulo, Brazil: deterministic versus statistic models. Atmospheric Environment
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B. (2015) Ash iron mobilization through physicochemical processing in volcanic eruption plumes: a numerical modeling approach. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15, 32535-32581.
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B., Delmelle, P. (2014) Volcanic controls on ash iron solubility: new insights from high-temperature gas and ash interaction modeling. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal research, 286, 67-77
Hoshyaripour, G. (2013) Modulation of ash iron solubility in volcanic eruption plumes. PhD dissertation, University of Hamburg, http://ediss.sub.uni-hamburg.de/volltexte/2014/6663/
Noori, R., Hoshyaripour, G., Ashrafi, K., Rasti, O. (2013) Introducing an appropriate model using support vector machine for predicting carbon monoxide daily concentration in Tehran atmosphere. Iranian Journal of Health & Environment, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1-9.
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B. (2012) How does the hot core of a volcanic plume control the sulfur speciation in volcanic emission? Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 13, Q07004, doi:10.1029/2011GC004020.
Weil, M., Graßl, H., Hoshyaripour, G., Kloster, S., Kominek, J., Misios, S., Scheffran, J., Starr, S., Stenchikov, G., Sudarchikova, N., Timmreck, C., Zhang, D., Kalinowski, M. (2012), Pathways, impacts, and policies on severe aerosol injections into the atmosphere, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-11-00272.1
Bechtel, B., Zakšek, K., Hoshyaripour, G. (2012) Downscaling land surface temperature in an urban area: a case study for Hamburg, Germany, Remote Sensing 4(10), 3184-3200
Ashrafi, K., Hoshyaripour, G., Araabi, B., Shirazi, H. (2012) Prediction of daily carbon monoxide concentration by means of hybrid FS-ANFIS model based on atmospheric stability analysis; case study: City of Tehran. Journal of the earth and space physics. 38(2), 183-201.
Noori, R., Hoshyaripour, G., Ashrafi, K., Arrabi, B. (2010) Uncertainty analysis of developed ANN and ANFIS models in prediction of carbon monoxide daily concentration. Atmospheric Environment, 44(4): 476-482.
Khatibikamal, V., Torabian, A., Janpoor, F., Hoshyaripour, G. (2010) Fluoride removal from industrial wastewater using electrocoagulation and its adsorption kinetics. Journal of Hazardous Materials 179 (1-3): 276-280