- 2009-2013 Earth System Sciences, Institute of Geophysics/School of Integrated Climate System Sciences (SICSS), University Hamburg, Germany; Dissertation: Modulation of ash iron solubility in volcanic eruption plumes
- 2006-2009 MSc - Environmental Engineering, University of Teheran, Iran
- 2000-2005 BSc - Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Najafabad, Iran
Dr. Gholamali Hoshyaripour
- Research Associate
- Room: CN
- ali hoshyaripour∂kit edu
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research
- Atmospheric life cycle of natural aerosols (aeolian and volcanic dust)
- Aerosol-radiation-cloud interaction modeling
- Chemical transport modeling
- Chemical weather forecasting
- Impacts of volcanism on Earth System
- since 04/2017 Research associate at the Institute of Meteorology and Climate Resarch (Department Troposphere Research) of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in the framework of the Project PerduS
- 2015-today Visiting Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
- 2015-2017 Research associate, Institute of Geophysics/CEN, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2014-2015 Research associate, Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Germany
- 2013-2014 Research associate, Institute of Geophysics, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2009-2013 Ph.D. student, Institute of Geophysics/SICSS, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2007-2009 Research assistant, Graduate Faculty of Environment, University of Teheran, Iran
Hoshyaripour, G. A., Bachmann, V., Förstner, J., Steiner, A., Vogel, H., Wagner, F., Walter, C. & Vogel, B. (2019). Effects of particle nonsphericity on dust optical properties in a forecast system: Implications for model-observation comparison. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 124. https:// doi.org/10.1029/2018JD030228
Hoshyaripour, G. A. (2017) Volcanic ash particles hold clues to their history and effects, Eos, 98
Hoshyaripour, G., Brasseur, G., Andrade, F., Buarar, I. (2016) Predicting the ground-level ozone concentration in Sao-Paulo, Brazil: deterministic versus statistic models. Atmospheric Environment
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B. (2015) Ash iron mobilization through physicochemical processing in volcanic eruption plumes: a numerical modeling approach. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 15, 32535-32581.
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B., Delmelle, P. (2014) Volcanic controls on ash iron solubility: new insights from high-temperature gas and ash interaction modeling. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal research, 286, 67-77
Hoshyaripour, G. (2013) Modulation of ash iron solubility in volcanic eruption plumes. PhD dissertation, University of Hamburg, http://ediss.sub.uni-hamburg.de/volltexte/2014/6663/
Noori, R., Hoshyaripour, G., Ashrafi, K., Rasti, O. (2013) Introducing an appropriate model using support vector machine for predicting carbon monoxide daily concentration in Tehran atmosphere. Iranian Journal of Health & Environment, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1-9.
Hoshyaripour, G., Hort, M., Langmann, B. (2012) How does the hot core of a volcanic plume control the sulfur speciation in volcanic emission? Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 13, Q07004, doi:10.1029/2011GC004020.
Weil, M., Graßl, H., Hoshyaripour, G., Kloster, S., Kominek, J., Misios, S., Scheffran, J., Starr, S., Stenchikov, G., Sudarchikova, N., Timmreck, C., Zhang, D., Kalinowski, M. (2012), Pathways, impacts, and policies on severe aerosol injections into the atmosphere, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-11-00272.1
Bechtel, B., Zakšek, K., Hoshyaripour, G. (2012) Downscaling land surface temperature in an urban area: a case study for Hamburg, Germany, Remote Sensing 4(10), 3184-3200
Ashrafi, K., Hoshyaripour, G., Araabi, B., Shirazi, H. (2012) Prediction of daily carbon monoxide concentration by means of hybrid FS-ANFIS model based on atmospheric stability analysis; case study: City of Tehran. Journal of the earth and space physics. 38(2), 183-201.
Noori, R., Hoshyaripour, G., Ashrafi, K., Arrabi, B. (2010) Uncertainty analysis of developed ANN and ANFIS models in prediction of carbon monoxide daily concentration. Atmospheric Environment, 44(4): 476-482.
Khatibikamal, V., Torabian, A., Janpoor, F., Hoshyaripour, G. (2010) Fluoride removal from industrial wastewater using electrocoagulation and its adsorption kinetics. Journal of Hazardous Materials 179 (1-3): 276-280