Interest in studying meteorology?
A multitude of interesting processes, developments and phenomena are constantly taking place in the atmosphere, including our daily weather with all its facets. This is an exciting research topic, especially because it can cause severe damage, co-determine the climate and its change and make a relevant contribution within the framework of renewable energy. Does this fascinate you and would you like to gain a better understanding of these processes? Then this study is the right thing for you!
On the following pages, we would like to inform you in more detail about what is behind the term "meteorology" and how a bachelor's program at the Institute for Meteorology and Climate Research at KIT is structured, what requirements you have to fulfill, and what demands you can expect in everyday study.
You can find more information in the following documents:
- short brochure of the institute about the study
- Brochure (long version) on the Bachelor's/Master's program of the Center for Information and Counseling (ZIB), the central study counseling office of KIT
- Curriculum (Bachelor, Master)
- detailed module descriptions of the individual courses (module handbook Bachelor, Master)
- Offers of the MINT-Kolleg for mathematical preparation for the Bachelor's degree (Flyer Summer Semester 2016)
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Center for Information and Counseling (ZIB) or the student council of physics for information about our study programs. You can also contact us directly by mail or phone. We are happy to help you further.