1st European Hail Workshop in Bern successfully
1st European Hail Workshop took place at the University of Bern from June 25 to 27, 2014 which was organized by our working group 'atmospheric risk', the Meteo Swiss, the Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research (OCCR) and the Mobilar Lab from the University of Bern.
Overall, 125 participants from 18 different countries visited the workshop. The program comprised around 40 talks and a poster session with the topics:
- Convection and hail in a changing climate
- The microphysics and dynamics of hail storms
- Hail damage and hail damage prevention
- Local probabilities and long-term statistics of hail
- Nowcasting and forecasting of hail
Further information can be found under: http://www.oeschger.unibe.ch/events/conferences/hail/index_en.html
We plan to repeat the workshop every two years.